Cụm động từ
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Choose the correct preposition to complete the sentences (Chọn giới từ đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. The forest fire was so big that it took firefighters over 5 hours to put it (away / out / off)
2. We’re already late so you can speed when we reach the motorway. (off / up / away)
3. If you are interested in the job, please fill this form. (on / at / in)
4. He kept talking although the teacher had asked him to be quiet three times! (at/ on / up)
5. The alarm went at 6, but I turned it off and kept on sleeping! (out / away / off)
6. You should do your coat. It’s getting cold. (on / at / up)
7. Please, turn the light before leaving. (off / over / out)
8. There’s so much noise, I can’t hear you. Can you speak please? (over / up / out)
9. I usually get around nine o’clock every morning. (on / up / at)
10. Our plane had taken by the time arrived at the airport! (off / over / up)
Câu 2: Choose the correct preposition to complete the sentences (Chọn giới từ đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. The meeting was put because the chairman suddenly got sick the day before. (out / away / off)
2. I’m strongly determined. I never give things I plan to do. (in / off / up)
3. Could I speak to Peter in Sales please? Yes, hold a minute please. (in / on / off)
4. We share the housework, I cook and my brother washes the dishes? (over / off / up)
5. You must check your luggage before taking the plane. (up / in / off)
6. We run of petrol on the high way and had to walked our motorbike home. (away / off / out)
7. I ran my old friend in the supermarket yesterday. (over / up / into)
8. Fortunately the firefighters were able to put the fire. (out / off / away)
9. That shop is really expensive. They always try to rip you . (up / away / off)
10. Are you leaving now? Wait, I´ll see you . (up / away / out)
Câu 3: Choose the correct verbs to complete the sentences (Chọn động từ đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. It’s just a small mistake! Don´t worry! ___!
2. What does this word mean? I’ll ___ it ____ in the dictionary.
3. This hot weather ___ me ___ ! I feel so uncomfortable.
4. We had to ___ the trip until next week because of the bad weather.
5. The police ___ the bank robbery but they haven’t found anything yet.
6. He’s the kind of person who can ___any problems. You can trust in him.
7. Brad Pitt and Jenifer Aniston ___ after 4 years in relationship.
8. If you are cold, I will ___ the heating.
9. If you want to ___ the other students in your class, you will have to work very hard.
10. The car ___ in the middle of the motorway.
Câu 4: Choose the right option to replace the words in italics (Chọn phương án đúng để thay thế cho các từ in nghiêng)
1. -We cancelled the match 3 minutes after it started due to the heavy rain.
2. -He removed his coat and hang it on before coming into the room.
3. -Sally looks like her mother, doesn't she?
4. -His book will be published next summer.
5. -He resigned from his job after getting involved in the argument with the boss.
6. -That's a good idea but I need time to meditate about it.
7. - The World War I began in 1914.
8. - We need to discover how the information came out to the public.
9. - You can search the meaning of these words in the dictionary instead of asking me!
10. - A good friend will always support you.
Câu 5: Fill in the blanks with one phrasal verb from those given. Each verb should be used only once (Điền vào chỗ trống với 1 cụm từ cho sẵn. Chỉ dùng cụm từ 1 lần)
GET OFF, GIVE UP, LOOK AFTER, TURN ON, LOOK UP,
PUT ON, TAKE OFF, PUT OUT, GET ON, STAND UP
1. I often information in the Internet.
2. I dropped my wallet when I was trying to the bus yesterday.
3. Can I the TV, mom? I have finished my homework already.
4. The doctor asked him to smoking.
5. It is so dark in here, you can really your sunglasses now.
6. Can you and offer your seat to this old lady?
7. We tried to the fire with a few buckets of water.
8. I asked my grandma to my dog when I was on holiday?
9. If you finish your meal, dear, I will let you your new dress today.
10. We will the bus at the next stop, then take a taxi to the village.
Câu 6: Fill in the blanks with one phrasal verb from those given. Change the verb forms to fit the sentences. Each verb should be used only once (Điền vào chỗ trống với 1 cụm từ cho sẵn. Thay đổi dạng đúng của động từ để phù hợp trong câu. Mỗi từ chỉ được dùng 1 lần)
WRITE DOWN, SWITCH ON, TRY ON, GET UP, TIDY UP,
FALL DOWN, PUT ON, SIT DOWN, WAKE UP, GIVE UP
1. your shoes –you need to keep your feet warm, it's very cold today.
2. You should early and do some morning exercise.
3. , please. Open your book and turn to page 40.
4. Could you that new word for me, please? I don’t know it.
5. Don't singing. You have a very sweet voice.
6. Where can I these trousers?
7. I have cooked the meal, so it’s your duty to the kitchen.
8. A strange noise me in the middle of the night.
9. A branch of the tree and knocked on the poor man’s head.
10. Brian his torch, so we could see things in the dark.
Câu 7: Fill in the blanks with one phrasal verb from those given. Each verb should be used only once. Remember to change the verbs into their correct forms (Điền vào chỗ trống với 1 cụm từ cho sẵn. Thay đổi dạng đúng của động từ để phù hợp trong câu. Mỗi từ chỉ được dùng 1 lần)
LOOK UP, THOW AWAY, TURN OFF, LOOK FOR, TURN DOWN,
FILL IN, GET ON, TAKE OFF, SWITCH ON, PUT ON
1. I’ve been my book for half an hour but I haven’t found it anywhere.
2. the form, please.
3. I’m watching TV. Could you the volume of your radio?
4. Quick, the bus or you'll have to walk home.
5. The manager reminded me to the lights before I left the office.
6. Do you mind if I the TV? My favorite team is playing now.
7. The food got stale and couldn’t be eaten. I had to it .
8. We stood on the runway, watched the plane
9. your uniform quickly, then run to school. You’re going to be late.
10. If you don't know this word, you can it in a dictionary.
Câu 8: Fill in the blanks with one phrasal verb from those given. Each verb should be used only once. Remember to change the verbs into their correct forms (Điền vào chỗ trống với 1 cụm từ cho sẵn. Thay đổi dạng đúng của động từ để phù hợp trong câu. Mỗi từ chỉ được dùng 1 lần)
RUN OUT OF, DO WITHOUT, CALL OFF, MAKE UP, PUT UP WITH,
BREAK OUT, FALL IN WITH, KEEP UP, LOOK FORWARD TO, CARRY AWAY
1. It is the dry season and fires easily at this time of the year.
2. I am really being informed of my test results.
3. Oh no, we have eggs! How can I make my cake now?
4. Your website has helped me a lot - the good work.
5. This year, Easter my father's birthday.
6. The bride got away the night before so the wedding had to be .
7. I tell you what, I cannot your attitude anymore.
8. She a whole story about her failure and unfortunately it was believed by him!
9. I got by his enthusiasm.
10. I just cannot my laptop.
Câu 9: Choose the suitable verbs and preposition to make correct phrasal verbs for the blanks (Chọn động từ và giới từ thích hợp để tạo cụm động từ đúng cho chỗ trống)
1. I cannot (make / put / take / give) (out / up / in / on) his writing. It’s illegible!
2. Please, (switch / break / turn / leave) (on / off / over / out) the page.
3. The sign says, “(Keep / move / take / put) (in / off / out / on) the grass.” We cannot walk in here.
4. She (broke / turned / set / put) (down / in / off / up) and cried when she heard about his death.
5. His parents got killed in the accident, so he was (brought / grown / looked / raised) (up / on / in / of) by a nanny.
6. I can hardly concentrate. I could really (do / leave / make / work) (with / out / on / off) a holiday.
7. The Titanic, which was believed unsinkable, collided with an iceberg and (went / turn / got / broke) (down / off / up / in) on its first voyage.
8. Why don't you (carry / take / put / give) (in / up / away / on) your work? You have finished almost a half of it!
9. The train workers went on a strike to call for increased wage but they were (taken / put / broken / run) (down / off / over / in) by military units.
10. I gave up my job in an international company to (take / kept / carried / set) (in / over / up / on) business in the United States?
Câu 10: Choose the suitable verbs and preposition to make correct phrasal verbs for the blanks (Chọn động từ và giới từ thích hợp để tạo cụm động từ đúng cho chỗ trống)
1. In a Japanese home, guesses are expected to (put / take / get / keep) (off / out / away / in) their shoes before entering the room.
2. We will need to find someone to (take / look / put / see) (out / on / after / of) the baby while we are out tonight.
3. Could you (set / find / look / turn) (out / off / up / in) the radio? I am studying for the exam.
4. I didn’t (try / put / keep / take) (up / on / by / away) this dress at the shop, so I didn’t realize that it didn’t suit me very well.
5. (Hurry/ Tidy / Rush / Run) to / off / up / on) ! The train is coming.
6. Why don't you (sit / settle / turn / set) (of / at / in / down) and we will talk about our problem in more details?
7. I got his call when I was (turning / getting / coming / going) (on / in / off / out) the train.
8. Can we (check / find / get / look) (for / up / over / into) the word in a dictionary during the exam?
9. What do you do first after you (get / look / keep / see) (in / after / off / up) in the mornings?
10. I was busy so I couldn’t (take / see / get / keep) him (in / off / by / without) at the station yesterday.