Đại từ quan hệ và trạng từ quan hệ
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Decide whether the relative pronouns must be used or not. If yes, write “N”, if no, write “UN” (Đại từ quan hệ có cần thiết trong các câu dưới đây không? Nếu có, viết “N”, nếu không viết “UN”)
1. A computer is a working tool which helps increase productivity.
2. Strikers are soccer players who try to score goals for their team.
3. She is a person who plays a vital role in the team.
4. A stamp is something which you put on a letter if you want to send it.
5. Hong river is a river which is the longest in the north of Vietnam.
6. Vegetables are a type of food which vegetarians like eating.
7. A racket is something which you use to hit a ball when you play tennis or badminton.
8. Socks are things which you wear on your feet.
9. A guide is a person who shows tourists around a place.
10. Love is a feeling which nobody can describe.
Câu 2: Decide whether the relative pronouns must be used or not. If yes, write “N”, if no, write “UN” (Đại từ quan hệ có cần thiết trong các câu dưới đây không? Nếu có, viết “N”, nếu không viết “UN”)
1. The car which is on exhibit is the latest release of the company.
2. The park which we visited last month has a wide collection of exotic animals.
3. The man who you saw at the party is my teacher.
4. John, who I know very well, is dating with my cousin.
5. I cannot forget the food which they served me last night.
6. The woman who is talking to Diana is my mother.
7. I cannot remember the name that he told me.
8. Lucy, who I haven't seen for ages, rang me last night.
9. A person that you don't like won't like you either.
10. My father, whom I helped to install his computer, always forgets his password.
Câu 3: Choose the correct pronouns to complete the sentences (Chọn đại từ quan hệ thích hợp hoàn thành các câu dưới đây)
1. You should speak to Peter manages the sales department (who / whose / whom)
2. He arrived late for the meeting, was a stupid thing to do. (that / who / which)
3. Mr. Smith, wife works for us, can provide more details. (who / which / whose)
4. It is not good for your health to live in a city the population is too big. (who / which / where)
5. The young man is standing on the corner works for an overseas company. (whose / who / which)
6. The woman lives on Green Street was a member of the security council. (who / whom / which)
7. The house has been sold to him used to be in a very bad situation. (which / whose / where)
8. The employees were hired last month helped improve profits. (that / whose / which)
9. The actor, wife was also famous, was cast as the villain. (that / whose / which)
10. That’s the shop I often go to buy fresh meat. (which / where / whose)
Câu 4: Choose the correct pronouns to complete the sentences (Chọn đại từ quan hệ thích hợp hoàn thành các câu dưới đây)
1. That’s the man car was put on sale. (whom / which / whose)
2. That house, has a good view of the harbor, was built by Hans Weber. (that / which / whose)
3. Supermarkets offer a variety of goods attract more shoppers. (that / where / whose)
4. She wanted to buy a house has at least 4 bedrooms. (that / whose / where)
5. Peter Hanson, is a famous artist, came to London in 1997. (that / who / which)
6. Frank Zappa, was one of the most creative artists in rock 'n roll, came from California. (that / whose / who)
7. My boss gave Jimmy, he had always had a prejudice against, a demotion. (whom / that / which)
8. Mr. John, is a senior staff, has been invited to join our committee. (who / that / whose)
9. Her sister, husband is Greek, lives in Athens. (whom / whose / who)
10. It was the literature class he attended. (that / whose / where)
Câu 5: Choose the correct pronouns to complete the sentences (Chọn đại từ quan hệ thích hợp hoàn thành các câu dưới đây)
1. I’m looking for the report I had prepared all night yesterday. (where / whose / that)
2. I went to see a movie _ was extremely shocking. (whose / when / which)
3. His house, was designed by Piaggio, collapsed last week during a devastating storm. (who / which / that)
4. The child rode a new bicycle her parents had given her for her birthday. (that / whose/ whom)
5. He’s the man I work with. (whose / which / Ø)
6. He’s the child I meet often in the corridor of the building. (Ø / whose / which)
7. Children play with fire are in great danger. (which / who / where)
8. Mrs. Jimmy, was the group’s president, retired last month. (that / whose / who)
9. The elderly woman lives next door is very helpful and friendly. (which / who / whom)
10. Smith House, was built in 1756, is an important local monument. (that / which / who)
Câu 6: Choose the correct pronouns among who, which, whose. (Chọn đại từ quan hệ phù hợp trong số các đại từ : who, which, whose hoàn thành các câu dưới đây)
1. This is the branch of the bank was robbed yesterday.
2. A boy girlfriend works with me was in the bank at that time.
3. The men robbed the bank had guns.
4. They wore masks made them looked like comic characters.
5. They came with a woman waited outside in the car.
6. The woman gave them the money was frightened.
7. The bag contained the money was red.
8. The people were in the bank screamed.
9. A man mobile was ringing did not know what to do.
10. A woman daughter was crying tried to calm her.
Câu 7: Choose the correct pronouns among who, which, whose, whom or Ø. (Chọn đại từ quan hệ phù hợp trong số các đại từ who, which, whose, whom or Ø hoàn thành các câu dưới đây)
1. I talked to the woman husband died in the plane crash.
2. Mr. Richards, is an engineer, is our neighbor.
3. We often visit our uncle in North Star is in East Anglia.
4. This is the girl we like best.
5. That's John, the boy we picked up at the airport.
6. Thank you very much for your assistance helped me overcome it.
7. The man, father is the president of a big group, is very rich.
8. The children, shouted in the street, are not from our school.
9. The car, driver is a young man, has collided with a train.
10. What did you do with the money your best friend lent you?
Câu 8: Choose the correct relative adverbs among where, when, why (Chọn trạng từ quan hệ phù hợp trong số các trạng từ where, when, why hoàn thành các câu dưới đây)
1. This is the restaurant I first met my husband.
2. July and August are the months most people go on holiday.
3. Do you know the reason she left so early.
4. This is the school I and my best friends attended.
5. This is the town the greatest leader of the country came from.
6. 14 February is the day lovers exchange their gifts.
7. Becoming rich is the reason so many people work like crazy.
8. A supermarket is a shopping center you can buy almost anything.
9. The day he arrived was very nice.
10. A plane crash was the reason I couldn't sleep last night.
Câu 9: Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences (Chọn đáp án đúng hoàn thành các câu dưới đây)
1. ___ does that cat belong to?
2. I don’t know to ___ that cat belongs.
3. The professor is talking about a topic ___ interesting.
4. ___ do you think would cause such kind of mistake?
5. Have you read the novel “For ___ the bell tolls”?
6. The book to ___ you are referring is mine.
7. We are talking about the house ___ is on Green hill.
8. Yes, it's the best meal ___ I've ever had. Why do you ask?
9. You should say goodbye to the man ___ been talking with you for two hours.
10. Oh no! It's a traffic warden putting a parking ticket on my car and I haven't any money to pay the fine ___ I'll have to pay.
Câu 10: Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences (Chọn đáp án đúng hoàn thành các câu dưới đây)
1. Timmy is the oldest child ___ is now seriously ill in the hospital.
2. The restaurant ___ we chose to have our dinner was noisy.
3. A dishwasher is a machine ___ washes dishes.
4. He is the only person ___ has the right to give orders.
5. Look! That's the manager ___ daughter is falling in love with Jimmy.
6. I don't like dogs ___ jump on me.
7. I felt bad for the guy ___ failed the exam.
8. Rose is a flower ___ is very fragrant.
9. We are talking with the girl ___ birthday is today.
10. That is the girl ___ performance you liked so much.