Động từ khuyết thiếu
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Choose the correct modal verb for these statements of ability (Chọn động từ khuyết thiếu đúng cho các câu chỉ khả năng dưới đây)
1. I ___ play the piano when I was a child.
2. I’m doing a course in Japanese. In 1 year I ___ speak it fluently.
3. ___ you hear the music from his room? He always turns on the music very loudly at night!
4. I ___ swim. I’m afraid of water.
5. ___ go to the sales conference in Rome next week?
6. She ___ finish her test yesterday because of a sudden illness.
7. Most singers nowadays ___ also dance very well.
8. The teacher ___ find her books.
9. He ___ run for the presidential election next year with this sex scandal.
10. I ___ hear you. Could you please speak louder?
Câu 2: Choose the correct modal verb for these statements of ability (Chọn động từ khuyết thiếu đúng cho các câu chỉ khả năng dưới đây)
1. My teacher ___ play volleyball very well.
2. When I was a child, I ___ play table tennis but better than I do now.
3. After this course, we ___ improve our English a lot.
4. My brother ___ drive a car. He does not have his license.
5. I ___ finish my homework last night as I had to look after my younger sister.
6. She has been away for the whole week, so she ___ attend our party tomorrow.
7. ___ you hear her? Her accent is too difficult for me!
8. Dr. James ___ come to the meeting yesterday because he had an urgent call from hospital.
9. My mother ___ attend my graduation ceremony this weekend. She will be in Italy at the time.
10. Your handwriting is illegible. I ___ read your message!
Câu 3: Choose the correct modal verb for these statements of ability (Chọn động từ khuyết thiếu đúng cho các câu chỉ khả năng dưới đây)
1. I’m sorry we ___ go to your wedding as we are not in the city that day.
2. He ___ pass the entrance exam if he concentrated more on his study.
3. I’m sorry I ___ remember your name.
4. We ___ go on a picnic yesterday as the weather was too bad.
5. Sorry, Teacher. I ___ finish my assignment yet.
6. She ___ come with us if her parents give her permission.
7. The ship sank but most of the people on board ___ save themselves.
8. - Can you lend me some money? - Sorry. I ___. I haven't got any either.
9. Maya ___ the violin. She learned to play it since 9.
10. You'll be able to help me with my homework, ___?
Câu 4: Put in 'can', 'can't', 'could' or 'couldn't'. If none of these is possible use 'be able to' in the correct tense (Điền 'can', 'can't', 'could', couldn't' vào chỗ trống. Nếu không dùng được từ nào thì sử dụng 'be able to' ở thì đúng)
- you read when you were 4?
- We get to the appointment with an important customer on time yesterday, because our flight was delayed.
- He arrive at the party on time despite being caught in the traffic congestion.
- People can hardly believe that he speak five languages.
- I ride a bike until I was 10. Then I moved to the new school which was far from home, so I had to learn.
- I left my glasses on the table but now I find them anywhere.
- I searched for your house for ages. Luckily I find it in the end.
- My little baby is 2 years old, but she walk yet. My husband and I are very worried.
- I listened to her lecture very attentively, but I understand it.
- I speak Japanese when I was living in Japan, but I’ve forgotten much of it now.
câu 5: Put in 'can', 'can't', 'could' or 'couldn't'. If none of these is possible use 'be able to' in the correct tense (Điền 'can', 'can't', 'could', couldn't' vào chỗ trống. Nếu không dùng được từ nào thì sử dụng 'be able to' ở thì đúng)
- I understand the lesson so I got bad mark for my test yesterday. It was so difficult.
- I move this box - it's too heavy! Would you mind helping me?
- Our meeting will be delayed as Mary reach our meeting. She's stuck in traffic.
- My brother play tennis really well. He gets the school prizes every year.
- I really sing at all. My sister can’t either.
- We were very lucky to have Jack in our trip. When the car broke down he solve the problem.
- My sister play many sports when she was only ten.
- My team win until last season when we got the champion!
- I open this window! I think it's stuck.
- Many children play football without learning to do so!
Câu 6: Choose the correct option for these modal verbs of possibility (Chọn phương án đúng cho động từ khuyết thiếu chỉ khả năng)
1. He always like parties but yesterday he left earlier than anyone else.
2. I’m sure he has finished his test by now.
3. Oh look! Every plant in the garden is covered with snow!
4. He couldn’t finish even half of the questions in the test.
5. I haven’t decided if I will cook dinner tonight.
6. People are smoking outside.
7. He looks exhausted.
8. No one failed the math final exam.
9. Guess what! I see her name on the newly-published book.
10. Who fixed the roof on the house?
Câu 7: Put in 'must + infinitive' or 'must + have + past participle' (Chia động từ theo dạng 'must + động từ nguyên thể ' hoặc must + have + động tử ở quá khứ phân từ 2)
- Jane always gets the highest marks in any exam. She (study) a lot.
- She always wears the latest fashion clothes. She (have) a high income.
- Your presentation yesterday was well done. You (practice) a lot before you gave your speech.
- I saw flowers anywhere in my bedroom when I got home yesterday. My husband (buy) them. He’s always very romantic.
- Where is my purse? - Find it! It (be) somewhere in this room.
- I couldn't find my glasses. I (leave) them at the fashion store when I tried on the new shirt.
- It (be) raining outside. Everyone is wearing raincoats.
- I left the cake here but it’s gone! The children (eat) it.
- Angelia hasn’t come! She (miss) her bus!
- I filled up the tank the day before but there’s a half of it now! You (drive) the car yesterday!
Câu 8 : Put in 'must + infinitive' or 'must + have + past participle' (Chia động từ theo dạng 'must + động từ nguyên thể ' hoặc must + have + động tử ở quá khứ phân từ 2)
- Anna spends a big part of her budget on books. She (love) books.
- Oh no, I can’t find my keys! I (leave) them in the office.
- When I got up this morning, the food I put on the table had disappeared. The cat (eat) it.
- You haven't eaten anything today, you (be) hungry.
- The young couple just have a new baby. They (be) very happy.
- It (rain) heavily last night. There are puddles everywhere.
- David (be) very happy now. He has just been promoted at work.
- Water was everywhere when we got up this morning. The window upstairs (be) broken in the storm last night.
- My son (eat) all the biscuits! There are none left.
- When I got up this morning, the kitchen was brightly clean. Lily (tidy) it before she went to bed last night.
Câu 9: Use ‘can’t + infinitive, ‘must + infinitive’, ‘can’t + have P2’, ‘must + have P2’ (Sử dụng 'can't + động từ nguyên thể, must + động từ nguyên thể, can't + have P2 hoặc must + have +P2)
- He (be) lost. He left home an hour ago but still hasn’t come here.
- He (be) a doctor! He doesn’t wear his white blouse.
- John failed his university entrance exam. He (study) enough.
- The children ate up all the food they were given. They (be) very hungry.
- Tom (break) that antique vase. He wasn’t at home yesterday.
- This (be) your book. I can see your signature on its cover.
- He (have) much money, or he would join the cluB. He is really interested in origami art.
- You told me that you were in the office at that time but it (be) a lie! My friend saw you at a pub last night.
- Your flowers bloom very beautifully in your garden! You (like) gardening.
- You (be) at home now. I rang a second ago but no one answered me.
Câu 10: Use modals with ‘infinitive’ or ‘have P2’ to make speculation (Sử dụng động từ khuyết thiếu với động từ nguyên thể hoặc have P2 để tạo câu suy đoán)
- This (be) John’s coat. It’s too small for him.
- It (be) easy to raise a big family when you just earn very little money.
- Where's your daughter? I’m not sure but she (be) at the library, she has an important test tomorrow.
- The hospital is closed by now. You (visit) him earlier in the day.
- I took an umbrella with me on my holiday but I (do) so. The hotel provides it in each room.
- The accident was very serious. The driver (drive) very fast at that time.
- You left without saying a word! You (thank) them for their help.
- This raincoat (be) someone else’s. It's certainly not mine.
- I called you but there was no answer. You (go) out yesterday.
- My car is making a very unusual noise. There be something wrong with it!
Câu 11: Choose the correct option to fill in the blank (Chọn phương án đúng điền vào chỗ trống)
1. You ___ stop at the red light.
2. You ___ type in your password.
3. She ___ sit for the exam tomorrow.
4. I ___ help my younger brother with his homework last night.
5. We ___ declare your goods at the customs.
6. They ___ check out by 10.00 a.m. tomorrow.
7. At reception, you ___ answer the phone within 3 rings.
8. You ___ wait until 10 am.
9. Students ___ hand in their report by last week.
10. You ___ arrive on time for the exam.
Câu 12: Put in 'mustn't' or 'don't / doesn't have to' (Điền 'mustn't hoặc don't / doestn't have to)
- We have to leave early tomorrow. You get up late.
- You give this report to anyone other than me.
- Look! It says ‘free entrance’. Let’s come in. We pay to get in.
- Children fight. It’s very bad!
- Her husband has become a millionaire. She work hard now.
- I type my report, my friends offers to do it for me.
- That meeting is about environment, not culture. We come.
- Under the new law you smoke in public areas.
- You can wear my dress to the party, but you get it dirty.
- You stand near the crossing when a train is approaching.
Câu 13: Put in 'mustn't' or 'don't / doesn't have to' (Điền 'mustn't hoặc don't / doestn't have to)
- She finish her report today, its deadline is next Monday.
- The room still looks very clean, so you clean it today.
- We reveal our customers’ information to any third party. That’s the rule.
- If we visit Brussels, we worry about accommodation; we can stay with my brother.
- You spend more than what you earn!
- We go to work today, so we can go shopping together.
- People with heart diseases eat food with too much sugar and salt.
- We be late for Mr. Collin’s class or you won’t be allowed to come in.
- You do the washing now. I'll do it for you.
- She cook tonight because no one will be home for dinner.
Câu 14: Put in 'must' or have to (Điền 'must' hoặc 'have to')
- We do our homework everyday as our teacher will punish those who don’t.
- I get my shirt ironed. I want to look smart on my first day at work.
- I’m sorry I leave now. My mother doesn’t allow me to come home after 10.00.
- I work hard. I want to earn more money for my family.
- In some schools, children wear uniform all weekdays.
- When I go on business, I phone my darling every day.
- You get a visa if you want to visit China.
- I don't like get up early every day.
- You will show your boarding pass to the flight controller.
- He go by bus since his car was stolen.
Câu 15: Put in ‘didn’t need to’ or ‘needn’t have done’ (Điền 'didn't need to hoặc 'needn't have done)
- I (come) early today but I came as I knew we would have many things to do on this new contract.
- I (worry) about the entrance fees to the museum. - It was free to enter but I didn’t know about it before!
- Mary (take) a taxi to the exhibition. I would have given her a lift on my way to the airport.
- You know you (buy) me this luxury handbag for my birthday, dear! A simple card would have been good enough.
- Yesterday was our last day of high school and we (attend) classes.
- We went for a lovely walk in the woods yesterday. I took a sweater with me in case it might be cold but it wasn’t. I (take) it!
- Our essay deadline was extended so we (work) so hard.
- You (blame) Carlos for breaking the vase. He understood what had happened anyway.
- We (book) our hotel in advance as there were just a few tourists at this time of the year but we only realized this the moment we reached our hotel!
- When we reached the hall, we were informed that the meeting was cancelled. My goodness, we (hurry) all our way there!
Câu 16: Put in ‘should/shouldn't + V or ‘should/shouldn’t + have P2’ (Điền 'should/shouldn't +V hoặc 'should/ shouldn't have P2)
- You (eat) too much fast food if you want to have a healthy life!
- She said she didn’t know about the meeting. You (inform) her.
- We (cut) these trees before the storm hit our city.
- He has to raise a family with 2 children when he is just 25! He (marry) so young.
- You (have) a regular check-up every 6 months.
- You (let) your children spend money too soon.
- His friend died of lung cancer at the age of 38. He (smoke) so much.
- Children (eat) sweets before going to bed.
- Janet failed her math exam. She (work) harder.
- You (drink) plenty of water, especially if you live in a hot area.