Động từ khuyết thiếu P.2
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Choose between: should / shouldn’t and must / mustn’t (Chọn giữa should / shouldn't và must/mustn't)
1. You stay in that hotel. Its services are not satisfactory.
2. You work hard if you want to earn more money.
3. My parents may not like my boyfriend but they treat him like that.
4. My brother go to an extra class to learn after his lessons at school.
5. They smoke there as there’s a new ban on smoking in public areas
6. Louis seems to gain weight in recent days. He eat so much.
7. You chew gum at school. It is forbidden.
8. You use office telephone for personal calls. That’s the rule!
9. He finish his work today if he wants to join the party tomorrow.
10. We join hands to protect our environment before it’s too late.
Câu 2: Choose between: might, must, shouldn't, can, mustn't, can't (Chọn giữa might, must, shouldn't, can, mustn't, can't)
1. You should bring some warm coats with you as it be colder in the mountain.
2. Students register the subjects they plan to learn before the term begins.
3. You read in obscurity as it is not good for your eyes!
4. You use the computer 1 hour a day after you have finished all your homework.
5. You use the company’s photocopier for your personal documents. It’s forbidden.
6. He is short-sighted, he read without his glasses!
7. You visit the museum today as it's closed for maintenance.
8. It rain tonight so you’d better take an umbrella if you want to go out.
9. You learn 10 English words a day if you want to improve your vocabulary.
10. You put your idle money into a bank savings account instead of keeping it in your wardrobe.
Câu 3: Choose between: needn’t / had to / must / mustn’t (Chọn giữa needn't / have to / must / mustn't )
1. You join the club if you don’t like.
2. It's a very fantastic film. You see it.
3. That film has a lot of fighting scenes. It be shown to children
4. We still have a lot of food in our fridge, so we do shopping today.
5. We didn't have any food yesterday, so we do shopping.
6. I want to know what really happened. You tell me the truth.
7. You tell Sue what happened. I don't want her to know.
8. I hurry or I'll be late.
9. 'Why were you so late?' 'I wait half an hour for a bus.'
10. We make our decision now. We can think over it for a couple of days.
Câu 4: Choose between: should / must / shouldn’t / can’t / can / could / mustn’t / may (Chọn giữa should / must / shouldn't / can't / can / could / mustn't / may)
1. You spend so much time in front of your TV. It’s not good for your eyes.
2. I'm sorry I have told you about this incident but I simply forgot.
3. Perhaps we have a good crop this year. The weather is so good.
4. You smoke while the children are in the room. It won’t be good for them.
5. I’m afraid we approve your proposal about the new automatic system.
6. When he was a child, he stay indoors and read for hours.
7. Visitors are given ‘guest card’ at the reception and they keep their tickets until they leave the building.
8. He is not hard-working but he work very hard when necessary.
9. I think you tell them the truth.
10. Oh no, you leave now. The program has hardly started!
Câu 5: Choose between: have to / must / can’t / should / may not / could / don’t have / may (Chọn giữa have to / must / can't / should / may not / could / don't have / may )
1. It's raining heavily outside. You go to the swimming pool now.
2. He be having dinner now. He always has dinner at 7.00.
3. Jill give you a bonus for this contract, if he wanted to.
4. You have done it but you didn’t, so there’s no use crying over it now!
5. He told me that he wanted to go but he have stayed. Perhaps he's still here.
6. It's an order ! You go right now! No choice at all!
7. My children take turn to do the housework, I ask them to do that.
8. Perhaps she have heard. She did not hang up the phone!
9. He broke his leg in a fall yesterday: he go to work today.
10. Nobody's waiting for us, so we to hurry.
Câu 6: Choose the correct choice to complete the sentences (Chọn phương án đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. Why ___I care about your business? You’ve never cared about mine!
2. They always buy their daughter the latest toys. They ___have a lot of money.
3. We ___try that new Japanese restaurant tonight.
4. You___show your passport if you want to cross the border.
5. - Is Tom coming? - He's on the bus. He ___be here very soon.
6. - Mom, ___my friend sleep over tonight? - Yes, but he'll have to ask for his parents’ permission first.
7. ___you always be so rude to him?
8. ___you please try to be nicer to your brother?
9. I ___get here earlier because I got stuck in the traffic on the highway.
10. - Which language do you think I ___learn - French or Italian?
Câu 7: Choose the correct choice to complete the sentence (Chọn phương án đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. The article contains many difficult words but I ___understand its main idea.
2. There were many new words in my English test so I ___do it very well.
3. When you receive the books you’ve ordered online ___borrow one of them?
4. I ___understand why you didn’t accept that job offer. It sounds very attractive to me.
5. Will you be louder please? I ___hardly hear you at all.
6. I ___play computer games only when my mother was not at home.
7. I’m sorry I ___do that because I will get a sunburn.
8. The cup is so high that I ___reach it, I'll have to use a ladder.
9. ___you just speak more clearly?
10. I ___have known when she was coming home because I didn't have a watch.
Câu 8: Choose the correct choice to complete the sentences (Chọn phương án đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. If you drive in Britain, you___drive on the left.
2. Do I ___go now?
3. ___you show me the way to the city center? I'm lost.
4. I’m afraid Mrs. Smith isn’t in at the moment. ___I take your name, please?
5. He ___play the cello when he was only 5.
6. Where ___go to have my form stamped?
7. It’s quite stuffy here. ___ open the window?
8. In England, you ___buy a drink in a pub until you are 18.
9. We ___get to Heathrow in 5 hours.
10. This activity is optional. You___ join if you don’t want to.
Câu 9: Choose the correct choice to complete the sentences (Chọn phương án đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. So you didn’t post the letter? You ___ have sent it while you were at the post office.
2. You ___ have asked her before you took it. She’s very angry now.
3. I can't imagine what you ___ to do such as a silly thing.
4. I ___ say this much for him; he's a very kind doctor.
5. He ___ , though I warned him not to.
6. He ___ what you have criticized, simply because he was with me at the time.
7. You ___ told her about our plan! I asked you to keep it a secret.
8. Well, you ___ have sold the car to get the money. You could have borrowed from me.
9. You ___ have helped me more if you really wanted, but you didn’t!
10. ___ you have left the keys at the neighbor? You know, I had to stand out nearly 1 hour yesterday.
Câu10. Circle the correct choice to complete the sentences
1. If we had taken a taxi, we ___earlier.
2. You ___ her earlier. It is too late now and you will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.
3. We ___to stand if there are not enough seats on the bus.
4. I have already shopped for food twice this week, so I ___do it today.
5. That train is never late. It ___to be here any time now.
6. Jim said he would be here at 1.00 but it’s 1.30 now. He ___have missed the bus.
7. It’s freezing outside. You ___ go out today. You will stay home!
9. NASA experts are still wondering about what ___the disintegration of space shuttle Columbia.
10. I ___shopping today. It is 9.00 p.m. now and the stores have closed already.
Câu 11: Circle the correct choice to complete the senten
1. No one answers the phone, so there ___be anyone at home now.
2. The coach plunged into the canal but fortunately all passengers ___get out before.
3. You ___have bought all those clothes. Now you’ve spent all your money and have to live on noodle till the end of the month.
4. A present ___expensive to be a success.
5. If one member in your family has already suffered from cancer, your risk of getting it ___be higher.
6. As my grandfather ___say, "life is not easy".
7. I ___pick up my daughter at the airport tomorrow.
8. You ___tell others about your customers’ personal information– it’s the business ethics.
9. "What about your English exam this morning?" "I ___ it because there were so many new words”
10. When my car suddenly burst into fire, I ___get out of it and run away.