Động từ và giới từ
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Fill in each blank with a correct preposition (Điền vào chỗ trống với giới từ đúng)
1. He apologized taking my book without asking for permission.
2. He was praised as he saved the little boy drowning.
3. I can’t join their party tonight because I have to prepare mid-term test tomorrow.
4. I introduced my girlfriend my family last week.
5. He is still in hospital as he hasn’t recovered his illness.
6. Nearly 1000 people applied the job so it took us a long time to read their letters.
7. Children tend to believe ghosts.
8. I have to ask my parents some pocket money.
9. Nokia specializes producing and selling mobile telephones.
10. She spent many years caring her aged parents.
Câu 2: Fill in each blank with a correct preposition (Điền vào chỗ trống với giới từ đúng)
1. She has made a lot of efforts and finally succeeded getting promoted.
2. The Board of Management didn’t approve my proposal.
3. Those who suffer hay fever should get an IV.
4. The essence in our products can protect you mosquito bites.
5. When our dog died old age last week, it was nearly 10 years old.
6. Our suggestions are based the research on drug addiction among young people.
7. I’m afraid I can’t totally agree what you’ve said.
8. Please refer the notes at the end for more information.
9. I cannot concentrate my work if you continue to make such noise!
10. He’s knowledgeable and helpful. We can always rely him.
Câu 3: Fill in each blank with a correct preposition (Điền vào chỗ trống với giới từ đúng)
1. Bathing products for children often smell fruits.
2. We didn’t agree the terms of the contract so we didn’t sign it.
3. The company hasn’t responded the complaint I made last week.
4. The Internet can provide you all information you need.
5. Nothing could account his depression.
6. The teacher accused him cheating in the examination so he had to take it again.
7. No one could agree anything.
8. My wife never seems to agree anything I say!
9. It is not polite to allude someone’s disability.
10. We must apologize to customers our mistakes.
Câu 4: Fill in each blank with a correct preposition (Điền từ vào chỗ trống với giới từ đúng)
1. A gentleman is the one who can apologize his mistakes, dear.
2. I want to apply a job which is suitable with my major.
3. His parents did not approve his marriage but he decided to go ahead.
4. It does no good to argue him.
5. I don’t want to argue with you this matter anymore.
6. He arrived a conclusion after listening to our opinion.
7. As we know little about this subject, we’d better ask his advice.
8. John has disappeared; I do not know what has become him.
9. If you believe supernatural forces, you may like reading horoscopes.
10. Have you got any idea of whom this cat belongs ? It belongs to her.
Câu 5: Fill in each blank with a correct preposition (Điền từ vào chỗ trống với giới từ đúng)
1. Don’t blame others your problems. Blame yourself first!
2. And don’t blame your problems me!
3. He didn’t have enough money to start up his business so he needed to borrow the bank.
4. In our centre, we care orphan children.
5. He insisted talking to me in person although my assistant explained that she could deal with his case.
6. How does the life in the big city compare that in the countryside?
7. He can complain just anything.
8. We should always compliment children their good performance.
9. We sent a letter to congratulate them their good work.
10. The parents refused to consent their son’s marriage.
Câu 6: Fill in each blank with a correct preposition: on, at, from, of, in, for (Điền vào chỗ trống với giới từ đúng: on, at, from, of, in, for)
1. My grandfather must lean me when walking as his leg is hurt.
2. You should never stare people while they are eating. It’s impolite!
3. She has a good sense of humor. Everyone laughs her jokes.
4. The policemen work to protect us the bad people!
5. I think you whenever I am not working.
6. It’s always nice to hear our old friends.
7. In presidential campaigns, the candidates urged people to vote them.
8. Does this dish consist any kind of meat? I am a vegetarian.
9. I’d like to be included all university’s extra curriculum activities.
10. Guess what! I received a cheque of $500 my aunt yesterday.
Câu 7: Fill in each blank with a correct preposition (Điền vào chỗ trống với giới từ đúng)
1. Thank you preparing this exercise for us. It will be of great help to our practice.
2. When the father disappeared her sight, the young girl burst into tears.
3. She always tries to prevent me doing bad things.
4. Not many people approve the president's new foreign policy.
5. I was very amused what they said about him.
6. The damage caused by this storm may amount millions of dollars.
7. You have to learn to cope problems in your work.
8. I am very pleased my students’ performance in my speaking class.
9. There’s an old saying: "Hope the best, but prepare the worst."
10. The new simplified procedure consists even more steps than the old one!
Câu 8: Fill in each blank with a correct preposition (Điền vào chỗ trống với giới từ đúng)
1. In our ‘confession’ page, you can confess any mistakes you’ve made to feel relieved.
2. We should always reply customers’ enquiries as soon as possible.
3. We should learn to protect ourselves bad people and situations.
4. I always confuse the use of gerund the use of infinitive.
5. Don't forget to pay the items you select before leaving the page.
6. Would you mind not interfering me or my plans!
7. I am convinced his good wills to do the job.
8. I always wished to become an architect when I grow .
9. We don’t know how our main competitors would react our new products
10. He keeps shouting me whenever I do something wrong.
Câu 9: Circle the correct choice to complete the sentences (Chọn phương án đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. When we arrived ___ the station, the train was leaving. I missed it!
2. The neighbor accused Cory ___ breaking his window with a stone.
3. When we were young, my brother and I used to argue ___ who had to do the washing.
4. I applied ___ the job of a detective but my application was turned down as they didn’t want to take in a female.
5. My two closest friends had a terrible argument yesterday. I don’t know why they argued ___ each other.
6. Mark apologized ___ not informing me of the change earlier.
7. My mother doesn't approve ___ my plan to study abroad for a master degree.
8. Do you agree ___ their comment or do you want to have further explanation?
9. He will have 2 weeks off work after he arrives ___ Japan.
10. I applied ___ a credit card from my local bank but I don’t know if they will accept.
Câu 10: Circle the correct choice to complete the sentences (Chọn phương án đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. When you move to a distant country or area, you need to allow ___ the change in time zone.
2. My teacher always confuses Fin ___ Eva because they really look alike although they are not relative.
3. When you translate from one language ___ another, you should pay attention to the context of the message.
4. It’s our responsibility to comply ___ the laws or we will be in big trouble.
5. A car ___ with a truck on the highway and caused a serious accident yesterday.
6. Many politicians blame the current economic recession ___ the weakness of the banking industry.
7. We are asked to ___ ourselves from bringing cups of coffee into the classroom.
8. My friend always used to boast ___ how good he was at chess until he was beaten by another player in the last champion.
9. The writer of the report didn’t say much but only ___ at the enormous number of delays.
10. The manager suspected one of the workers ___ selling the company’s business secret to the rival.