Liên từ phụ thuộc
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Choose the correct subordinating conjunctions to complete the sentences (Chọn liên từ phụ thuộc đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. You could use the computer (before / after / so that) you have finished your homework.
2. He insisted on going out (because / as long as / although) it was raining.
3. He is over-weight (while / because /after) he eats a lot of fast food.
4. We haven’t seen her (since / while / until) she left for Tokyo 3 years ago.
5. Tom went to the dentist yesterday (as / now that / even if) he had a toothache.
6. You mustn’t leave (until / as much as / in order that) the rain stops.
7. Susan likes to watch cartoons (before / after / since) coming home from school.
8. Dad, mom called and said (that / whether / why) she would be late for dinner.
9. Lindsay went to the shop (as / because / in order that) she could buy some vegetables for dinner.
10. I will marry him (so that / as soon as / even if) you don’t approve.
Câu 2: Choose the best conjunctions to complete the sentences (Chọn liên từ thích hợp nhất để điền vào chỗ trống)
1. ___ Brian worked over time and even at the weekend, he wasn’t able to buy his father a new wheel chair.
2. ___ Brian didn’t have enough money, he wasn’t able to buy his father a new wheel chair.
3. ___ Brian didn’t have much money, he decided to buy his father a new wheel chair.
4. ____ Brian works over time and even at the weekend, he won’t be able to buy his father a new wheel chair.
5. ____ Brian worked over time and even at the weekend, he earned extra money, he bought his father a new wheel chair.
6. ___ buy an expensive wheel chair, Brian made it for his father.
7. ___ Brian saves enough money to buy his father a new wheel chair, he won’t buy anything for himself.
8. ___ Brian was shopping for a new wheel chair for his father, he realized he didn’t have any money.
9. ___Brian bought a new wheel chair for his father, he felt tremendous joy.
10. ___Brian buys his father a new wheel chair, he needs to make sure he has enough money.
Câu 3: Choose the best conjunctions to complete the sentences (Chọn liên từ thích hợp nhất để hoàn thành câu)
1. ___ he insisted that he was innocent, everyone was certain that he was guilty.
2. ___ you’ve come back, we can join hands to make our living place better.
3. ___ you like him personally, you must agree with me that he's contributed a lot to our company.
4. ___ I prefer to stay at home after work, my wife wants to go out for night recreation.
5. That film is great! ___ I have seen it three times, I still want to watch it again.
6. ___ you have been there before, we can choose another place for our holiday
7. ___ you go out with your friends, make sure that you have finished all the housework.
8. ___ saving money for the rainy days, he spent it all on his favorite games.
9. ___ I am sad, I just want to be alone.
10. ___ the test starts, you will not be able to talk.
Câu 4: Choose from among these subordinating conjunctions to complete each sentence (Chọn liên từ trong phụ thuộc trong danh sách sau để hoàn thành câu)
although as long as because even if so that unless until while
1. She turned down that job offer it involved working shift, which prevented her from taking care of her family.
2. You can use my car you bring it back before 5.00 as I will need it by then.
3. We will have a good harvest this year it rains and prevents us from harvesting our crop.
4. We are going to import a new assembly line we can improve our product quality.
5. he has become a millionaire, Russ still drives his old car to work and leads a modest life.
6. You have to finish your report it takes you all night.
7. The little girl didn’t eat anything her mother came back from work.
8. It’s difficult to find the parking lot. So you can stay in the car I go into the store. I'll be back in just a few minutes.
9. University education is always necessary it's possible to get a good job without a degree.
10. he's eating a lot, he can’t gain weight and still looks very thin.
Câu 5: Choose from among these subordinating conjunctions to complete each sentence (Chọn liên từ trong phụ thuộc trong danh sách sau để hoàn thành câu)
although as long as because even if
so that unless until while
1. We won’t be able to dismiss we have more evidence about his crimes at work.
2. You can come and stay with us you don’t make noise and interfere in our own business.
3. Terry was not paying attention, her cat took away the food she put on the table.
4. he was seen stealing the company’s money, he was sacked.
5. You will have to get a job you can live an independent life and grow up.
6. You should never open the door you know the person really well.
7. Roberts calls in and asks for a day off work he needs to go to the doctor today.
8. The new Prime Minister is not popular to the citizen he has support from the business community.
9. I think you shouldn’t live together you get married.
10. He got angry because the students kept talking he was trying to teach the class.