Liên từ tổng hợp
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Choose the correct conjunction to complete the sentences (Chọn liên từ đúng để hoàn thành câu)
1. We will need to try harder (because / so that / if) we can all pass the exam with good results.
2. (Even though / Since / Unless) he was the best qualified applicant, he didn't get hired by the company.
3. (Now that / When / As soon as) you have come back from your trip, let’s meet to discuss the problem.
4. The critics spent many beautiful complements for the movie, (although / so that / so) we decided to watch it.
5. (Unless / Since / Although) he was very ill, he didn't go to the doctor’s.
6. I don't know (where / when / what) I can ask for information about investment opportunities in your city.
7. She spent all the afternoon shopping (and / so / but) couldn't find anything that could fit her needs.
8. All my class members like the new teacher because he is nice (but / and / as well) helpful.
9. (Now that / Whether / Since) he was angry with her, he didn't say a word.
10. Keep quiet (and / so / or) go out.
Câu 2: Choose the best conjunctions to complete the sentences (Chọn liên từ đúng nhất để hoàn thành câu)
1. You should take the messages accurately ____ pass them to me when I get back to the office.
2. I didn’t buy the book ___ I didn’t bring enough money with me at that time.
3. Mary is very sociable. She’s a member of the Dancing club ___ the Speaking Forum at her school.
4. Check your answers, correct all mistakes ____ you hand in to the examiner.
5. Remember to cover the food after eating ___ the flies will contaminate it.
6. ___ he is weak, he plays many sports.
7. ___Susan ___Joan phoned home after they left, so we are very worried.
8. She visited the Golden Gate ___ she was in Sans Francisco.
9. We rejected your proposal ___ we thought that it didn’t have high feasibility.
10. The bride and groom welcomed the guests ___ thanked them for coming to the wedding.
Câu 3: Choose the best conjunctions to complete the sentences
1. We threatened to call the police ___ they still made noise during the night.
2. We have been trying to contact you ___ the line has been engaged.
3. I didn’t realize that I had forgotten all my documents ___ I came to my office.
4. We love to meet for dinner every Saturday night ___ share about things in our life.
5. Barbara insisted on attending our meeting ___ the fact that its theme was not related to her major.
6. I was so tired and couldn’t wake up this morning___ my alarm was ringing very loudly.
7. ___ we’ve run out of chicken, can we replace it with beef?
8. He didn’t believe that his son had stolen his money ___ he saw it with his own eyes.
9. Can I borrow one of the dresses here ___ I will have something nice to wear to the party tomorrow.
10. No sooner had he sent a letter to her ___ he heard about her death.
Câu 4: Choose the best conjunctions to complete the sentences (Chọn liên từ đúng nhất để hoàn thành câu)
1. ___ the crop has been harvested, it is dried and stored.
2. ___ you add some seasoning to the dish, stir it then tasted it to see if it requires more seasoning.
3. There is so much work to do today so I will not come back ___10.00.
4. They didn’t book the flight ___ register their hotel, so they couldn’t set on their trip!
5. I’m afraid the manager is having a meeting now and cannot see you until ___, when he is not occupied.
6. You need to look at both sides ____you cross the road.
7. No one dared to think that ___ Felix ___ Ben would pass the exam. They must be extremely happy.
8. I did not do well in my job interview. ___, to my surprise, I got hired by the company.
9. We will tell your mom that you have broken my bike ___ I see her this weekend.
10. They were told to practice more ___ they would fail their final exam.
Câu 5: Choose the best conjunctions to complete the sentences (Chọn liên từ đúng nhất để hoàn thành câu)
1. You can come and stay with me this weekend ___ you don't bring your dog with you.
2. She didn’t leave ___ she got an apology from the shop assistant.
3. I came to this conference ___ I could update the information about child care.
4. Bob is very quiet ___ Bill tends to be very talkative. Who dares to say that they are twins!
5. You look ___ you wanted to fight someone.
6. The owner refused to pay ___ we finished half of the construction work.
7. I'm shopping for some chocolate ___ I could make a chocolate gateau for my mom’s birthday.
8. You talk ___ you were my father.
9. I came early ___ I wanted to talk to you in person before the meeting starts.
10. ___ I don't think she's perfect for the job, we don’t have any more qualified candidate than her.