So sánh hơn kém
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Complete the following sentences with the correct comparative form of the adjective (hoàn thành các câu dưới đây sử dụng dạng so sánh hơn của tính từ):
1. A book is than a glass. (heavy)
2. Our room is than his. (big)
3. This girl is than her sister. (beautiful)
4. John is a student than Jimmy. (good)
5. Travelling by plane is than by motorbike. (safe)
6. July is than June. (hot)
7. A crocodile is than a lion. (dangerous)
8. I feel much now than yesterday. (happy)
9. Mobile phones are than telephones. (expensive)
10. I think watching a play is than watching a film. (boring)
Câu 2: Complete the following sentences with the correct comparative form of the adjective (hoàn thành các câu dưới đây sử dụng dạng so sánh hơn của tính từ):
1. Ho Chi Minh city is a (big) city than Hanoi, but Hanoi is (important) for the government.
2. After exercising regularly, she looked (thin) than last year.
3. Try to be (tidy). You room is always in a mess.
4. People in the countryside lead a (simple) life than those living in the city.
5. Be (careful) with your work. You have made a lot of typos in the previous one.
6. I am feeling (bad) today than yesterday. I think I am coming down with the flu.
7. You should not run much (far) than 1 hour. It is not good for your health.
8. There were few mushrooms last winter, but there will be even (few) if pollution continues.
9. You can have (many) oranges. They are placed on the table.
10. Houses in big cities are much (expensive) this year than last year.
Câu 3: Write sentences with a comparative and than, using the adjectives given below. (Viết lại các câu với tính từ so sánh và than, dùng các tính từ được cho dưới đây)
Example: The fridge is 100 dollars and the stove is 120 dollars.
The fridge is cheaper than the stove.
expensive hot fast intelligent high long old strong tall heavy
1. The newspaper is 2 dollars, and the book is 5 dollars.
2. The play is two and a half hours, but the film is only two hours.
3. He is 1.6 meters tall, but his wife is 1.7 meters.
4. The red car can do at 120 mph but the black one can do at 130 mph.
5. In the intelligence test, Jim has an IQ of 130 but Anna has got an IQ of 160.
6. John can lift 80 kilos, but Jim can lift 100 kilos.
7. The Park building was built in 1778 and the Green building was built in 1780.
8. Hanoi is 34°C and Ho Chi Minh City is 37°C.
9. The old building is 100m in height and the new building is 80m in height.
10. The electric stove is 2 kilos in weight and the fruit mixer is 3 kilos in weight.
Câu 4: Complete each of the sentences with the comparative form of one of the following words. Use than where necessary (Hoàn thành các câu dưới đây sử dụng dạng so sánh hơn của tính từ. Sử dụng than nếu cần)
big crowded early high important
easily peaceful reliable serious thin
1. I usually get up at 7 a.m. Today I woke up than usual.
2. After the exam, she looked much . She lost 2 kilos.
3. We want a flat because there are 5 students in our group.
4. To me, leading a meaningful life is an extravagant one.
5. Today the shop is usual. It is full of people who come to buy goods at reduced prices.
6. Life in the countryside is that in a big city.
7. If you bring a good map, you’ll find your way around the city .
8. Prices are in this shop than in others on the outskirts of the city.
9. He is than his brother. He never tells a lie.
10. Unfortunately, her illness was we thought at first.
Câu 5: Complete the sentences using a comparative form (hoàn thành các câu dưới đây sử dụng dạng so sánh hơn)
1. People are making a lot of noise. I need a place to study.
2. This horse is weak. It can carry only 20 kilos of goods. I need one which is
3. The house was big. I thought it was much .
4. The weather is too cold in winter in this part of the country. I expected it to be
5. It is a little bit boring doing the same thing every day. I need something .
6. This exercise is too easy. I think we should do a one.
7. Yesterday I felt very bad. However, I feel much today.
8. Don’t be sad. The situation is bad but I am sure it will not get .
9. You are talking loudly on the phone. Can you speak a bit ?
10. You hardly hang out with friends. You should go out .