Thì hiện tại hoàn thành tiếp diễn
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Put in the verbs. Use the present perfect continuous (Hoàn thành câu sử dụng thì hiện tại hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
A: Sorry I'm late.
B: It's OK. I haven't been waiting (I / not / wait) long. What (1)___. (you/do)?
A: I've been with Mrs. King. (2)___ (she / help) me with my English.
B: Your English is very good. You don't need lessons, surely.
How long (3)___ (you / study) English?
A: Eight years now. But my accent wasn't so good before I came to England. (4)___ (I / try) to improve it.
I think (5)___ (it / get) better lately.
B: Your accent is fine, Ilona. Honestly.
Câu 2: Put in the verbs in brackets into the gaps. Use Present Perfect Continuous. Watch the punctuation and form sentences or questions. Do not forget to put in the subjects in the questions (Điền từ vào chỗ trống sử dụng thì hiện tại hoàn thành tiếp diễn, để ý dấu chấm câu đề hình thành câu khẳng định hoặc câu hỏi. Đừng quên thêm chủ ngữ cho câu hỏi)
1. Max ___ this comic book. (not /to read)
2. How long ___ French? (they /to learn)
3. I ___ for two months now. (not /to drive)
4. ___ the whole morning? (she /to walk)
5. Who ___ in the garden? (to dig)
6. It ___ much in this area. (not /to rain)
7. How long ___ this earring? (you /to wear)
8. Marie ___ in her diary. (not /to write)
9. ___ match stick figures the whole lesson? (he /to draw)
10. What ___ ? (we /to do)
Câu 3: Put in the verbs in brackets into the gaps. Use Present Perfect Continuous. Watch the punctuation and form sentences or questions.
1. Andrew in the country. (not /to live)
2. How long your grandparents this car? (to drive)
3. They . (not/to cycle)
4. Tony this book, but Mary has. (not/to read)
5. How long he for her? (to wait)
6. Andy on the blue car? (to work)
7. My brother hard enough. (not /to study)
8. How long they for a flat? (to look)
9. I my homework. (not/to do)
10. you the whole morning? (to sleep)
Câu 4: Use the verbs in brackets in the Present Perfect Continuous in the sentences (Sự dụng từ trong ngoặc để hoành thành câu ở thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. I this website since 1999. (to run)
2. My parents for years. (to smoke)
3. He for his girlfriend since 6 o'clock. (to wait)
4. We in Greece since last August. (to live)
5. Max and Paul their bikes all day. (to ride)
6. They in the sun for hours. (to lie)
7. Emily on the computer for too long. (to work)
8. It since I came home. (to rain)
9. You to music since 12:30. (to listen)
10. Frank for the last 20 minutes. (to dream)
Câu 5: Complete the conversation. Put the verbs in the present perfect continuous or past perfect simple.
A: What are you doing, Trevor? You've been (you / be) in here for ages. You're making an awful mess.
B: (1)___ (I / clear) out this cupboard most of the afternoon. There's a lot of old stuff in here. (2)___ (I / find) these, look.
A: (3)___ (you / sit) there staring at those old boots for the last five minutes. (4)___ (I / watch) you. (5)___ (you / be) in a dream.
B: They're football boots. (6)___ (I / have) them since I was about sixteen. (7)___ (they / be) in here for years.
A: Well, throw them away. And what about that tennis racket? Is that yours?
B: No, it must be yours. (8)___. (I / never / have) a tennis racket.
Câu 6: Choose the correct form of the verb in italics. Use present perfect or present perfect continuous tenses (Chọn dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc của từ in nghiêng. Sử dụng thì hiện tại hoàn thành hoặc thì hiện tại hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. They have travelled/been travelling so much that they never have time to do anything.
2. Sales have risen/been rising by 20%, and demand for children’s clothing in particular has gone up sharply.
3. We’re thinking about opening an office in Paris, so I have been learning/learned French at evening classes for the last three months.
4. I didn’t realize that you and Julia were friends. How long have you known/been knowing her?
5. This report is a nightmare. I have written/been writing it all this week, and it still isn’t finished.
6. You look wet. Have you gone/been going out ?
7. Recently, there has been a big rise in demand for our catalogue clothing, and this has been affecting/affected our business a lot.
8. We’ve stayed/been staying in a hotel for two weeks, but I hope to find an apartment of our own soon.
9. I wonder how Peter is getting on. I haven’t heard/been hearing from him lately.
10. Tom is a natural salesman. He has sold/been selling 50 motorbikes so far.
Câu 7: Put each verb in brackets into either the present perfect simple or the present perfect continuous tense (Chia dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc ở thì hiện tại hoàn thành hoặc thì hiện tại hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. My son (eat) all the cakes. I'll have to buy some more.
2. What (you buy) your friend for her birthday?
3. I have a sore throat. I (sing) all morning.
4. Janet (learn) Japanese, but she finds it difficult.
5. How many people (you invite) to your house for dinner?
6. That cat (sit) on that desk since 10 am.
7. It (rain) all day.
8. Mary (wear) ten different pairs of shoes in the last month!
9. He (do) everything his wife asked.
10. I (try) to find my keys since morning but I can't find them.
Câu 8: Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given . (You must use between two and five words, including the word given). (Hoàn thành câu thứ 2 để giống với nghĩa của câu thứ nhất sử dụng từ cho sẵn, bạn phải dùng từ 2 đến 5 từ bao gồm cả từ cho sẵn)
1. Andrew started learning the piano two months ago.
Andrew the piano for 2 months.
2. I haven' t been to an Italian restaurant for ages.
It's ages an Italian restaurant.
3. When she heard the results, Sue began to feel more confident.
Since hearing the results more confident.
4. The last time he came here was in 1995.
He hasn't 1995.
5. This is my first visit to Vietnam.
This is the first to Vietnam.
6. How long have they been married?
7. John bought that shirt last month, and has been wearing it ever since.
John has a month.
8. It's a long time since our last conversation.
We long time.
9. Thanks, but I had something to eat earlier.
Thanks, but I've eat.
10. This is my first game of water-polo.
Câu 9: Incomplete sentences (Hoàn thành câu)
1. Mr. Smith has been worrying too much and ___
2. The offices in the Pacific region ___ their conference for next week.
3. The director ___ for his vacation and will not return until next week.
4. Consumers’ desire for low-fat food ___ the current health trend in the food industry.
5. Mr. John ___ evening classes for the past three months.
6. The customers in the shop ___ the beautiful holiday displays.
7. Up to now, there ___ no word from them.
8. Since 1997, there ___ a high-tech revolution in China.
9. I’m sorry, I didn’t know that you were here. Have you ___ long?
10. The research ___ that these new policies have done nothing to boost the economy.
Câu 10. Find error (Tìm lỗi sai)
1. That magazine had been very late every month this year.
2. Communication, which can be both verbal and nonverbal, becomes much easier since the invention of the fax machine (D) and e-mail.
3. Although they will advertise the position for six months, none of the people who have applied for the job is qualified.
4. The members of the personnel committee have decided to revise the employee handbook.
5. The new machinery has been operating within six months, but that is not enough time to see any increase in production.
6. These days, fish became (A) a popular (B) item on (C) the menus of most (D) restaurants.
7. The rise (A) in (B) prices have caused (C) many customers to reconsider (D) unnecessary purchases.
8. The secretary has made rarely mistakes in typing letters for his boss.
9. You can’t see (A) Ms. Cooper now because she meets (B) with our attorneys, who have advised (C) her not to say (D) anything yet about the merger.
10. Sales of the newest computer have doubled since the past eight months.