Thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Make the past perfect continuous positive ( Hoàn thành câu khẳng định ở thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. We (eat) all day, so we felt a bit sick.
2. He was tired because he(run) .
3. I (work) all day, so I didn’t want to go out.
4 . Lan (sleep) for five hours when I woke her.
5. They (live) in Paris for two years when he lost his job.
6 . When we met, you (work) at that company for five months.
7 . It (rain) , and the road was covered in water.
8. I was really tired because I (study) all day .
9. We(go) out for two years when we got married.
10. They (live) in Hanoi for 10 years when I met them.
Câu 2: Make the past perfect continuous negative ( Hoàn thành câu phủ định ở thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. I was ill because I (not / eat) properly.
2. We (not/wait) for long time when he came.
3. It(not / rain) long when my father got home.
4. She was in trouble with the boss because she (not / go) to work.
5. We (not/ live) in London for five years when we got married.
6. Although it was hot in the kitchen, his wife (not / cook) .
7. He (not / sleep) long when someone knocked at the door.
8. She didn’t feel healthy, because he (not /play) sports.
9. I (not / work) there long when she gave it up.
10. She (not / work) but she was tired anyway.
Câu 3: Make the past perfect continuous question ( Hoàn thành câu hỏi ở thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. (how long / she / play) tennis when she was injured?
2. (I / work) that day?
3. (she / see) him for long when they moved to London?
4. (how long / she / live) in Hanoi when she found that job?
5.(why / you / study) so hard?
6. Why was the room so messy? (what/ she / do)?
7. (how long / we / wait) when the train came?
8. When you felt sick, (you / eat) enough?
9. There was ink everywhere,(what / the children / do)?
10. (it / rain) when you left the shop?
Câu 4: Put the verbs into the correct form (past perfect progressive) (Cho dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc)
1. We (sleep) for ten hours when he woke us up.
2. I (wait) at the bus stop for 20 minutes when the bus arrived.
3. They (look for) her keys for half an hour and then they found it on the desk.
4. We (not / walk) for a long time, when it suddenly started to rain.
5. How long (learn / she) English before she went to London?
6. She had sore throat because she (sing) in the rain too long.
7. He (drive) for two hours when he ran out of petrol.
8. They were very tired in the evening because they (work) in the garden all day.
9. I (not / work) all day, so I wasn't tired and went to the pub at night.
10. They (cycle) all morning so their legs were sore in the evening.
Câu 5: Put the verbs into the correct form (past perfect progressive) (Cho dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc)
1. She English for five years before she visited Canada. (study)
2. You were out of breath when you came in this morning ? (you run)?
3. When I got home, Jane her room for two hours. (paint)
4. We all day for the party that evening and by 7 o'clock we still weren't ready. (cook)
5. Tom a beautiful meal for his guests so they all enjoyed it. (prepare)
6. I knew she the washing because the machine was still working when I got in. (do)
7. By 10 o'clock the children their homework for three hours so I asked them to go to bed. (do)
8. He was exhausted. He all day. (work)
9. How long there when she arrived? (you /wait)
10. I to the company regularly for a month before, but they still hadn't answered (write)
Câu 6: Complete the sentences in the Past Perfect Progressive (Hoàn thành câu ở thì Quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. When he noticed his mistake, he (drive) for an hour in the wrong direction.
2. When I went to see Ms Hoa, her secretary told me that she (talk) on the phone for two hours.
3. You got sick because you (eat) too much.
4. Sue needed a break because she (study) all morning.
5. When she moved to Paris, she (learn) French for 10 years.
6. I did not go out last night because I (work) all day.
7. When the musician became director of the opera house, he (live) in this town for ten years.
8. We (go) out together two years before I met his parents.
9. The passengers (wait) for two hours before the ground staff could finally give them information on the delay of their flight.
10. Janet kept fit because she (exercise) a lot.
Câu 7: Complete the sentences using Past Perfect Continuous (Hoàn thành câu ở thì Quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. We (not/sit) in the classroom for long when the teacher came in.
2. They (stay) in a hotel before they found a flat in Hanoi?
3. Mai (not/wait) long when he arrived.
4. How long (learn) English before you went abroad?
5. John (work) on the project for at least half an hour when the boss came in.
6. He (play) football for a long time when that crazy fan attacked him?
7. Why were you so tired when we met? you (run)?
8. My sister (see) Andrew for only nine months before she married him.
9.You (think) about that problem before Tom started talking about it?
10.They (not/drive) for a long time when the car crashed.
Câu 8: Complete the sentences using Past Perfect Continuous (Hoàn thành câu ở thì Quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn)
1. I (wait for) the bus for two hours when I saw him.
2. I was very tired because I (play) tennis all afternoon.
3. When I started working for this company, I (work) as an architect for two years in London.
4. I realized that I (overwork) for a long time, so I wanted to have a rest
5. After he (practise) for an hour, Jack stopped for dinner.
6. By the time I got home, they (play) for three hours.
7. When I entered the room I could smell cigarette smoke. Obviously, somebody (smoke) in there for hours.
8. When I arrived at the classroom the exam (go on) for 30 minutes.
9. The boy with whom I (play) with suddenly cried.
10. The kettle (boil) for 15 minutes when we (sit down) at the table.