Từ nối chỉ nguyên nhân và kết quả
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Combine the sentences, using the word or phrase in parentheses (Nối các câu sau sử dụng từ cho sẵn trong ngoặc)
1. The weather is warm. We can go camping today. (now that)
2. You have paid for the dinner. Please let me pay for our drinks (inasmuch as)
3. Many people already have reservations for the cheap flights. I doubt that I’ll get the chance to get a ticket. (since)
4. Larry has accomplished his work. He can start his vacation tomorrow (now that)
5. Beck borrowed my computer. He wanted to type his composition (so that)
6. I need to buy some shampoo to wash my hair (so that)
7. Many students failed the test. The teacher decided to give it again. (since)
8. Our TV set was broken. We listened to the news on the radio. (inasmuch as)
9. I feel like I have little energy. I wonder if I’m getting sick (so…that)
10. I use computer for nearly everything in my work. It is a very essential piece of equipment and I can never work without it. (such … that)
Câu 2: Choose the correct completions for each sentence (Chọn phương án đúng)
1. A small fish needs camouflage to hide itself ___ its enemies cannot find it
2. ___ I was tired, I didn’t go to work yesterday.
3. Josh couldn’t open the door ___ he didn’t have the right key.
4. The workers have gone on strike for a week. ___, all production has stopped.
5. ___ my company’s bid for the construction work was the lowest, we won the contract
6. I managed to finish the race ___ I could prove that I had the strength and stamina to do it.
7. Let’s ask our teacher how to solve this problem ___ we can’t agree on the answer
8. Our apartment building has had two robberies in the last month, ___ I’m going to put an extra lock on the door and install a telephone in my bedroom.
9. The Chippewa are Native North Americans. Their language is one of the most complex in the world, ___ it contains more than 6,000 verb forms
10. ___ the bad grease stain on the carpet, we had to rearrange the furniture before the company arrived.
Câu 3: Choose ALL of the correct completions for each sentence (Chọn phương án đúng)
1. The price of airline tickets has gone down recently. ___ the tickets cost less, more people are travelling by air than before
2. The mountain road was closed to all traffic ___ the landslide had blocked the way
3. Janet called the security guard ___ someone had broken into her room and taken away some property.
4. Dolphins are sometimes caught and killed in commercial fishing nets ___ they often swim in schools with other fish, such as tuna.
5. We can finally afford to trade in the old car for a new one ___ I’ve gotten the pay rise.
6. ___ the post office was closed, I couldn’t mail my package
7. ___ there was heavy traffic on the way, we were late for the meeting.
8. I couldn’t repair my bicycle, ___ I didn’t have the right tools
9. Two factories in our small town have closed. ___ , unemployment has increased.
10. ___ I had nothing for lunch but an apple, I ate dinner early
Câu 4: Choose ALL of the correct completions for each sentence (Chọn phương án đúng nhất)
1. ___ the flood has receded, people can move back into their homes.
2. Mr. Watson had to resign from his job ___ his sex scandal.
3. Bill’s favorite show was on. He turned on the TV ___ he could watch it
4. She bought the book ___ she heard it was good
5. Our family life has changed dramatically ___ the introduction of many home appliances.
6. During extremely hot weather, elephants require both mud and water to keep their skin cool ___ they have no sweat glands
7. I will not learn with Ms. Smith anymore. ___ the class room was overcrowded, several friends and I have been assigned to a different class.
8. The fire raged out of control. It got ___ bad that it took firefighters up to 3 hours to put it out.
9. Bill’s car wouldn’t start. ___ , he couldn’t pick us up for the concert
10. When I was in my teens and twenties, it was easy for me to get into an argument with my father ___ both of us have always been stubborn and opinionated.