Từ nối chỉ sự tương phản
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Choose the best completion to the sentences (Chọn phươn án đúng nhất để hoàn thành câu)
1. Although ___, the hungry man ate every bit of it.
2. The nurse didn’t bring Mr. Hill a glass of water even though ___.
3. Though ___, my daughter and her friends went swimming in the lake.
4. Cats can’t see red despite ___.
5. My mother came to my graduation ceremony in spite of ___.
6. ___, Eric got on the plane.
7. ___ I didn’t put on my coat.
8. ___, he was beaten by the rival in the competition.
9. ___ from the two families, the young couple decided to get married.
10. Market conditions were competitive ___ he got a good price.
Câu 2: Choose the best completion to the sentences (Chọn câu trả lời đúng nhất để hoàn thành câu)
1. Some people are fat, whereas others are ___.
2. A box is square, whereas ___ .
3. Some parts of the world get an abundance of rain while others ___.
4. In some nations coffee is the favorite beverage, while ___.
5. Some people like cream and sugar in their coffee, while ___.
6. Jack is an interesting storyteller and conversationalist. His brother, on the other hand, ___.
7. Although Mr. Brown ___, he runs 8 miles every morning before breakfast.
8. Mary felt very depressed, but she ___ the next morning.
9. ___, Bill still arrived late for the conference.
10. ___, the pilot will bring the plane down safely
Câu 3: Join the sentences, using the connectors. Pay attention to punctuation (Nối các câu sau, sử dụng tứ nối cho sẵn. Chú ý dấu chấm câu)
All of my friends have advised me not to travel abroad during this time of political turmoil.
I’m leaving next week to begin a trip around the world.
4. In spite of
8. Even though,
10. Despite the fact