Từ nối tổng hợp
Chào mừng các bạn đến với bài tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
Câu 1: Choose the best completion to the sentences
1. I can’t ride my bicycle ___ I can’t find its key anywhere.
2. I got to class on time ___ I had missed my bus
3. Brian used to be an active person, but now he has to limit his activities ___ problems with his health
4. Bob can now find more time to play with his children ___ he no longer has to work in the evenings and on weekends
5. Jake is a very good student of languages. His brother Michael, ___, has never been able to master another language
6. The ancient Aztecs of Mexico had no technology for making tools from metal. ___ , they had sharp knives and spears made from a stone called obsidian
7. She missed the meeting without a good reason ___ she had been told that she needed to be there.
8. I usually enjoy attending amateur productions in small community theaters. The play we attended last night, ___ , was so bad that I wanted to leave after the first act
9. Some snakes are poisonous, ___ others are harmless
10. Heavy rain has caused a huge mudslide in the mountain road. ___ all traffic there is blocked today
Câu 2: Show the relationship between ideas by adding any of the following expressions (Chỉ ra mối quan hệ giữa các ý bằng cách thêm bất kì từ nào cho sẵn dưới đây)
because because of on the other hand even though
such therefore nevertheless since
1. It was still hot in the room I had turned on the air conditioner
2. Several people in the crowd became ill and fainted the extreme heat
3. The gardener trimmed the branches on the cherry tree I asked him not to
4. The meat of the puffer fish can cause paralysis or even death if it is improperly prepared. , it remains a delicacy in Japan for brave diners.
5. everyone disagreed with him, Brian went ahead with his original plan for the company
6. The first mention of the game of chess appears in an Indian text written almost 1500 years ago. its ancient beginnings, it remains one of the most widely played games in the world today.
7. Alice heard a siren and saw the flashing lights of a police car in her rear-view mirror. , she quickly pulled over to the side of the road and stopped
8. My lecture notes were incomplete the instructor talked too fast
9. Most adults carry around certain attitudes and prejudices about the world around them. Most children, , enter new situations without such preconceived notions.
10. Jan and Arlene have always been good friends that it’s a shame to see them not speaking to each other
Câu 3: Choose the best completion to the sentences (Chọn câu trả lời đúng nhất để hoàn thành câu)
1. The sky was gray and cloudy. ___, we went to the beach
2. I turned on the fan ___ the room was hot
3. Sam and I will meet you at the restaurant tonight ___ we can find a babysitter
4. Carol showed up for the meeting ……….. I asked her not to be there.
5. You must lend me the money for the trip. ___, I won’t be able to go.
6. The road will remain safe ___ the flood washes out the bridge.
7. The roles of men and women were not the same in ancient Greece. For example, men were both participants and spectators in the ancient Olympics. Women, ___, were forbidden to attend or participate.
8. The windows were all left open. ___, the room was a real mess after the windstorm.
9. ___ I can’t make the presentation myself, I’ve asked my assistant to be prepared to do it for me.
10. It looks like they’re going to succeed ___ their present difficulties.
Câu 4: Show the relationship between ideas by adding any of the following expressions (Chỉ ra mối quan hệ giữa các ý bằng cách thêm bất kì từ nào cho sẵn dưới đây)
because because of so even though
since due to therefore in spite of
1. They often have to close all of the ski areas in the mountains severe weather conditions and avalanche danger
2. paper was first developed by the ancient Chinese, its English name comes from the word papyrus, the name of an Egyptian water plant.
3. The supervisor must know what everyone in the department is doing all responsibility for error will fall on her shoulders.
4. aspirin is relatively safe for most adults, it should be administered very carefully to children, if at all. It can be dangerous to children’s health.
5. The peanut is used today to make everything from cosmetics to explosives the pioneering scientific work of George Washington Carver in the 1910s and 1920s.
6. Thousands of Irish people emigrated to the United States the potato famine in Ireland in the middle of the nineteenth century.
7. In ancient China, yellow was considered to be an imperial color. , only the emperor was allowed to wear it. No one else could have yellow clothing of any kind.
8. its inherent dangers, nuclear energy is a clean and potentially inexhaustible source of energy.
9. It was a dangerous situation. many fans crowded together outside the sports arena that they made a terrible mess.
10. Indian food can be hot and spicy. Jack ate some very hot chicken curry when he was in India a year ago. In fact, it was hot that smoke came out of his ears!
Câu 5: Choose the best completion to the sentences
1. ___ Marge is an honest person, I still wonder whether she’s telling the truth about the incident
2. The professor told me that I was doing well, ___ my final grade was awful !
3. ___ Beth has a new car, she no longer takes the commuter train to work. She drives to work everyday
4. You’d better give me your answer quickly, ___ I’ll withdraw the invitation.
5. I have to go to the meeting ___ I want to or not
6. What time do you expect Ted to be home? I must talk to him. I usually go to bed around ten, but tell him to call me tonight ___ it’s past midnight.
7. ___ you’re going to the fruit market, would you please pick up a few apples for me?
8. I guess I’m a soft touch. I just lent Jan some money for lunch ___ she never paid me back my last loan
9. I think I did okay in my speech last night ___ I’d had almost no sleep for 24 hours
10. I asked Angela to run the office while I’m gone ___ I know I can depend on her