LUYỆN TẬP HOÀN THÀNH CÂU THPT QUỐC GIA
Chào mừng các bạn đến với đề luyện tập của mEnglish! Đây là bài thi mô phỏng thực tế do đội ngũ giáo viên của mEnglish biên soạn. Bài làm của các bạn sẽ được chấm điểm và thông báo kết quả ngay sau khi các bạn nộp bài.
1. His mother said to the servant, “___ he says to you, do it right away”
2. He ___ working for the company for 10 years before he quitted.
3. “Do all the farmers grow rice?”
4. “I feel drowsy. He is the most ___ presenter ___.”
5. The new “My Bloody Valentine” album ___ tonight. We are holding a press conference to announce the release.
6. “How are the apples?”
“A number of the apples ___ excellent”
7. can’t go to the concert and he can’t, ___.
8. “___ is it from your house to your school?”
9. “ ___ do you visit your parents?”
“Once a year”
10. I feel ___ again after the illness but I still cannot work ___.
Exercise 2: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. “He is having great difficulties adjusting to his new life at Barley university”
“Yes, he is ___ he can’t accept self discipline”
2. As ___ as 3 guest speakers have been invited to deliver the opening speeches.
3. Of all my friends, I like Diana ___ because she is very kind and considerate to me.
4. “Mrs. Smith has worn $100m in Britain’s biggest lottery jackpot”
“Oh, really? ___ !”
5. We studied hard ___ we could pass all the mid-term and end-of-term exams.
6. My young brother grew very quickly and soon he was ___ his mother.
7. You see what ___ man he has become, starting from that moment.
8. It was a dark, dirty, and miserable place where hardly ___ had enough to eat or boosts on their feet.
9. It was in this house ___.
10. Is there anything wrong ___ you? You look upset and agitated.
Exercise 3: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. Bob Collins was famous ___ a candid and passionate figure.
2. I have worked non-stop for 5 hours ___.
3. I have ___ wheel in the back of my car.
4. Remember to bring lightweight clothes which will allow you to cover up ___ on a hot day such as today.
5. They lost the match ___ two goals.
6. I had no difficulty ___ on with the job of developing a comprehensive test ban treaty.
7. I ___ by a leading surgeon in Denmark over 16 years ago.
8. He ___ head of marketing department yesterday.
9. “What about Mike?”
“He said he ___ not sure he ___ attend the ceremony”
10. No sooner ___ the rain ___.
Exercise 4: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. The terrorists ___ the staff before we ___ them.
2. ___ do not have sandwiches for their meals, for they call sandwiches a snack.
3. ___ failed the exam and had to take another one.
4. He says he___ in life after death and the existence of the soul.A
5. “When can you leave?”
“I can leave as soon as ___ my work”
6. Nothing ___ I do seems to please her.
7. His cat does not weigh so ___ as the dog ___.
8. The teacher looked ___ at his naughty students.
9. When the time came ___ Tarnar ___ birth, it was discovered that she was carrying twins.
when / giving
10. I’d ___ stay at home than go to the cinema. It is raining heavily outside
Exercise 5: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. It is now high time we did something for ___. These poor people are living in substandard living conditions.
2. After ___ that novel, she turned into a totally different person.
3. I am looking forward to ___ my old friends at the reunion party.
4. You needn’t do that when your wife is here, ___ ?
5. It ___ every day so far this month.
6. When all the guests ___, the guest speaker delivered the opening speech.
7. “Who’s the girl in red talking to Tom?”
“I ___ recognise her face, but ___ remember her name”.
8. I suggest that the matter ___ discussed at the Annual Staff Meeting.
9. I preferred that my wife ___ at home to take care of our children.
10. When ___, a sea hare can release ink to act as a smoke screen, adversely affecting its predators’ sense of smell.
Exercise 6: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. It’s ___ nice a girl ___ I can’t take my eyes off her.
“Then, let’s go out swimming”
2. Forward this email to ___ is in charge!
3. Making the bed is a simple way to keep the ___.
4. He ___ walked away without looking at me.
5. I wished she ___ in her career but she didn’t.
6. It’s time ___ your homework.
7. ___ terrible weather!
8. No wonder ___ is one of the world’s most popular rice dishes.
a| fry rice
9. We found trekking through rugged mountain terrains the most ___ part of the trip.
10. Some of my teachers are English, ___ are British.
Exercise 7: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. Human beings, as distinct from ___ animals, can do complex tasks.
2. ___, he wouldn’t have missed the most important part of the seminar.
3. I tried to concentrate on my work, but something always ___.
4. When I met Jimmy last week, it was the first time I ___ him since Christmas.
5. There is a long queue outside the store waiting to buy genetically modified food but there’s ___ left.
6. The office is only ___ drive from his house.
7. She has ___ many tasks to fulfil ___ she hardly has any free time for herself.
8. ___ that I can’t say anything.
9. It was ___ that we decided to buy it right away.
10. He didn’t attend Janet’s birthday party. Neither ___.
Exercise 8: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. Earning money is one of those things that ___ my life more meaningful.
2. Janet is one of those who ___ most of their time playing.
3. How long ___ for this company by the end of next year?
4. He has wide knowledge of history and she ___.
5. Our group ___ young enthusiastic people.
6. ___, the tougher we must be about fulfilling our program.
7. Each of them ___ to bring ___ own food to the party.
8. If the prisoner attempts to escape from prison, ___.
9. Her stories are too good ___ true.
10. The students were made ___ all the homework before going to the class.
Exercise 9: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. I ___ remember ___ to Rome on an important assignment in 1980.
2. He is a trustworthy person, so he won’t ___ his promise.
3. ___ is an important quality in a nurse whose main job is to take care of sick people.
4. This machine is ___.
5. I am going to plant some shade trees in my ___.
6. Please give me ___ so that I can cut this worthless thing into tiny pieces.
7. ___ many skyscrapers in the city.
8. ___ there in time, we must travel by plane not by train or by bus.
9. Meat ___ in the refrigerator.
10. These clothes are ___.
Exercise 10: Circle the best completion for each sentence
1. ___ a masked man attacked him with an axe from behind.
2. They have made a lot of progress ___ they decided to study harder.
3. My father recommended that I ___ there on time.
4. A main clause is sometimes called a ___ clause.
5. He is busy ___ a report on the initial stage of the project.
6. He ___ everywhere for a perfect wife before he got married to a sharp-tongued old woman.
7. The boy ___ a bus when he was crossing the road.
8. In a week’s time, you ___ in New York for two years.
9. The cobra is a ___ snake.
10. ___ in ill-fitting clothes, he smiled warmly.